Monday, April 9, 2012

Cupcakes I've Been Working On

I have decided to write one post including all of my creations, rather than four separate ones. I have not been  able to do a whole lot of baking this spring, plus my camera was full and I put off emptying it until tonight. I hope you enjoy!
Peeps Sunflower Cake:
This is a chocolate cake with with a chocolate marshmallow frosting. I simply mixed one jar of fudge frosting with one 8oz jar of marshmallow creme. I placed the peeps in a ring around the outer edge with leaf tips between each one. Lastly I used chocolate sprinkles for the middle of the flower.



S'more Cake:
This cake was a left over cake. I had intended on making the sunflower cake above a two layer cake but the frosting was too gooey to fill the sides, it all ran out and down! No worries, I simply topped it as a s'more cake. It is the same chocolate cake with chocolate marshmallow creme frosting. I topped it with graham cracker crumbs and chocolate sprinkles. It could have used more crumbs along the edges for a true s'more taste, but the the frosting was too gooey and it was late. It was delicious though!!!


White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes:
These I made for a girl at work on her last day. I made them very similar to my strawberry cupcakes. I used a box of white cake mix, some sort of juice ( I don't remember anymore, I think it was strawberry kiwi ) and white chocolate chips. They are topped with a raspberry whipped topping, white chocolate chips and a raspberry. Some in the back have sprinkles instead.





St. Patty's/Thin Mint Bundt Cake:
 I specifically made this for St. Patty's day, but it would be good any time. I used my chocolate bundt recipe. I replaced the chocolate chips for the semi-sweet mint chip blend found at the holidays. I topped it with the glaze, crushed Thin Mints, chocolate chip blend and green sprinkles.


Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream:
I made these for my girls weekend. They are a chocolate cupcake topped with buttercream and pink sanding sugar. The first round over-flowed and had huge tops, hence the crusty's on my pan. They were delicious though!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...