Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes



I made these cupcakes twice they were so good! I first made them as a trial for a new recipe, they were so good, I made them two days later for a jewelry party I was hosting. This picture was the first batch, I didn't have time to capture the second batch. The cupcake is a pink champagne cupcake that I added strawberries to. The frosting is a strawberry champagne buttercream. This frosting was alright, The champagne was a little overwhelming and thinned the frosting out a little. For the second batch I used a strawberry whipped topping with out the champagne. This second topping was easier pipe and safe for the kiddies. These cupcakes (the second batch) are defiantly in my top 5 recipes now and are constantly asked for. The recipe I adapted from All-Time Best Recipes: Better Crocker magazine.

Cupcakes:
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix
1 1/4 c champagne
1/3 c vegetable oil
3 egg whites
4-5 drops of red food coloring
*1 1/4 c strawberries
(*my addition)

1. Heat oven to 350, line muffin pan or line/spray mini muffin pan
2. Combine cake mix and champagne. Add oil, egg whites and food coloring to desired hue. Beat for two minutes. *Fold in strawberries Fill cups 3/4 full.
3. Bake 17-22 minutes until cupcake bounces back from touch. Cool and remove from pan.

Champagne Buttercream:
1/2 cup soften butter
4 c powdered sugar
1/4 c champagne
1 tsp vanilla
4-5 drops red food coloring
*3/4 c finely chopped strawberries

1. Beat all ingredients until smooth and fluffy. Fold in strawberries

*Strawberry Whipped Topping:
8 oz heavy whipping cream
1 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4-5 drops red food coloring
3/4 c finely chopped strawberries

1. Whip cream, food coloring and vanilla until stiff peaks for. Slowly add powdered sugar (I sifted mine into the cream). Beat until fluffy and creamy but before the mixture collapses!! Fold in strawberries.

Frosting/Piping Tips:
~For the first batch I did not attach a tip to the coupler ring. I piped straight from the bag/coupler ring.
~For the second batch I chopped the strawberries much smaller so I could use a large star tip fr piping.
~If using a tip or piping at all, chop strawberries (or any fruit) as small as possible to avoid blocking the piping tip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...