Wednesday, July 10, 2013

S'more Bars

I was looking for something new to make and summer themed for my birthday. I knew I wanted chocolate and it had to be something I could make ahead for my birthday BBQ. That was when I started my search through all of my recipes, cookbooks, magazines and Pinterest pins. That's when I found it, S'more Bars! These have a graham cracker shortbread style crust with a marshmallow and chocolate topping. If made exactly they are more of a cookie with a topping. The recipe calls for a square pan, but to me the crust, which is more of a shortbread, was too thick. It works well in a larger cake pan for a more equal ratio of crust to goo making more of a bar instead of a cookie. 

These were actually my second attempt, I left the first pan under the broiler for too long and made a s'more block.

Here you can see how thick the crust is. Still delicious though!

Recipe:

1/2 c softened butter
1/2 c brown sugar 
1 c flour
1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
2 c mini marshmallows
6 oz chocolate chips ( half a 12oz bag)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease pan with cooking spray. 

Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add flour and crumbs. Press into greased 9" pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips, in that order.  Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool before cutting into pieces. 

*My marshmallows did not get golden brown in that time so I turned the oven to broil until golden. Watch closely so as not to burn your marshmallows. 
**Cut to 8-10 minutes if made in larger pan





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...