Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake


This cake has become my second favorite recipe, second to my strawberry champagne cake. This is a 4 layer cake technically, consisting of two cake rounds each filled with chocolate gnash. A peanut butter-marshmallow filling lies between the two cake rounds. The whole cake is covered with a chocolate gnash whipped topping. I use the peanut butter marshmallow fluff to decorate the cake and mini Reese's peanut butter cups for garnish.

Here you can see the peanut butter marshmallow filling.
You can also see the thin layer of gnash  in the middle of the cake.

This is what the cake looks like prior to frosting

Here is the frosted cake.

I decorated my cake with a simple shell base border.
The top border is rosettes topped with the mini Reese's cups.

I also added the mini Reese's cups along the bottom  border.

All packed up and ready to go!
I wish I could have cut into it to show you the layers,
but that will remain a mystery to you until you make it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...