Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Almond Shortbread Cupcakes

These cupcakes were a piece of heaven I came upon by accident. I was trying a new recipe and I had to substitute a few things and added almond instead of vanilla. What a perfect mistake/goof! I am from a Scottish family, so I have grown up on shortbread. This was a cupcake version of shortbread. It had the denseness and flavor of shortbread, but is was moist and airy at the same time. I topped them with store bought fudge frosting ( I know, but I had some left over from baking with my 4 year old niece) and various fall sprinkles. These were a huge hit both at home and at work, even people who don't like shortbread loved these cupcakes. This is defiantly a recipe I will continue to use and monkey around with. I will say that because they are a little more dense than a normal cupcake, the minis worked the best and they need to be ate within 2-3 days to keep their moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...