Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cupcake Liners Galore!!


So today I went a little crazy buying cupcake liners. Normally I only buy one or two different ones at a time and they are normally holiday themed, but today I couldn't help myself! They were all so cute and each one gave my a new flavor idea.

I have used many different liners ranging from the cheap dollar spot ones to the grease resistant to foil lined ones.
~ Foil Lined: I don't particularly care from the foil lined ones. I have had grease puddles at the bottom and I have had them stick to the cupcake. If using them, use a spray on them before filling and use them for cupcakes with lower fat contents. These do hold their color design the best, so if you are looking for visual impact and don't care as much if the cupcakes come out perfect these are the liners for the job.
~Grease Resistant: These are more expensive but you pay to ensure that the design on your liner is clearly visible after baking. I have had no problems with these sticking. If you are baking for your family, testing recipes or if the liner is not an important focal piece of the cupcake I wouldn't spend the extra money on them. However, if the liner design is a focal point of the cupcake, then these are going to guarantee that visual effect.
~Brand Name Liners: These I consider your Martha Stewart, Wilton, Nordic Ware... ect. These are priced reasonably and are readily available at craft stores and well stocked super markets. These are what I use for sharing. I use these for one's I have at party's I host, bring to work or gatherings with friends. For the most part these keep their color, lighter colors and mostly white liners fade into the background of chocolate cupcakes. When making chocolate cupcakes, I always try to use darker colored or more solidly covered liners to stand out against the dark brown cupcake. These are my top pick since they keep their color well, are reasonably priced and widely available.
~Dollar Spot/Discount Liner: These are what I use for testing new recipes and for when the little one's want to make cupcakes. These rarely keep their color, although on a few occasions I have had some they stay as bright as when they went in. If I have one's that are just perfect for what I need. I will either bake them in a plain white or other coordinating color and then put in the liner after they come out or bake them double lined. These will work fine and perform as well as higher grade liners as far as sticking. Main points, perfect for testing recipes, if you see some you have to have: double line them and if the kiddos are baking, they will enjoy them just fine.

I buy most of my liners at Michael's Craft Store or at Target in their seasonal department. If you are buying in bulk, such as basic solid colors or for large orders, I would suggest looking online. Online sites tend to offer bulk pricing or even wholesale pricing on large quantities. I will warn you, check the quantity before you buy, I have had many friends wind up with 1,000 liners per pack! While they might be a fantastic price, do you have room to store them and will you use them? I have also done cupcake liner trades with people before, kind of like a cookie swap but with cupcake liners. This is a great way to grab a specific design with out having to buy a whole pack and getting rid of liners you are bored of or aren't going to use anymore.  This is very easy since most liner packs are split into 25 count sections, I don't suggest swapping smaller quantities since batch sizes vary from 12-24 cupcakes. While going through my collection I realized I also have a ridiculous amount of sprinkles and toppings, so look for that post coming soon!

These are the holiday liners I had
Valentine's Day/Sweetheart Liners 
St. Patty's Day
Different Floral Prints
These are a pearly pink wrap with lace hearts along the top. 

These I got for a tea party theme.
 I also thought  of Neapolitan cupcakes in the the tea party ones. 
These I got for to make cupcakes for my best friend,
Sweetie is our nickname for each other.
Mini's in purple damask, royal purple and spring plaid
Girly Pinks and Purples
How cute are these back to school liners. A perfect treat for that first lunchbox or
a special treat for the teacher as a thank you or
Teacher Appreciation Day


* I am sorry if some of them looked flipped, I could not get them flipped ride side up again after they uploaded. Please leave a comment if you know how to do this, they are saved right side up in my folder and  flip when they upload? I even went as far as flipping them wrong in the folder first and they still uploaded sideways!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...