Sunday, January 15, 2012

Banana Fluffer-Nutter Cupcakes

The cupcakes were the lightest fluffiest cupcakes I have ever had. I was worried they were going to turn out too dense and more like a muffin or banana bread but I was so excited that they turned out phenomenal!! The frosting was amazing, this could be put on anything. I instantly thought of putting it on ice cream! The cupcake was a bit to light and fluffy to carry the frosting so I might try adding a bit of whipped cream to lighten up the frosting next time, but for a birthday cupcake they are spectacular!

Banana Cupcake:
2 eggs (separated)
1 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp milk
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
3 mashed bananas

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix baking soda into milk
3. Cream butter and sugar
4. Add egg yolks and vanilla
5. Alternate adding flour and bananas (I sifted my flour into the mixer)
6. Stir in milk
7. Beat egg whites until stiff, fold into batter

Fill 2/3 full and bake 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely.


Fluffernutter Frosting:
1/2 creamy peanut butter
1 8oz. jar Marshmallow Fluff
1/3 c. softened butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk

1. Beat peanut butter, fluff and butter until smooth and creamy
2. Alternate adding powdered sugar and milk (Again I sifted the PS into the mixer)
3. Add vanilla

*I should note that after I frosted the cupcakes I put them in the refrigerator to set the frosting since my apartment was about 80 after having the oven on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...