Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mixer Review


kitchenaid-collage
Kitchen Aide Artisan Ice Blue Standing Mixer
Photo from www.thesecondlunch.com/tag/kitchen-aid-mixer/
 I have used many different mixers over the years from my hand a spoon to hand mixers to standing mixers. My all time favorite is the Kitchen Aide standing mixer. I own the Artisan Ice Blue mixer. It has a locking head with adjustable speeds. It came with a stainless steel bowl, wire whisk, batter beater and bough hook attachments. It is also able to fit all of Kitchen Aide's wonderful attachments. ( I am hoping to get the ice cream bowl shortly!) The coloring is an enamel finish that wipes clean with a cloth. While these mixers are heavy and expensive, they are worth the money. I have never had lumps, clumps or any other inconsistencies and all components clean easily. My score for the Kitchen Aide standing mixer is 5/5 cupcakes!

Sunbeam Mixmaster Combo Hand and Stand Mixer with Detachable Hand Mixer, 5 Speed Motor, Burt of Power Feature for Thick Mix, 3 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Plus Beaters and Dough Hooks
I also own a Sunbeam Mixer that performs as either a standing or hand mixer. This mixer works well and comes with beaters and dough hooks. It also has 5 speeds. The bowl on mine is glass. All attachments are dishwasher safe. This mixer works well and gives you an even mixture. However, the mixers is in a fixed position and you have to move the bowl. This can create some inconvenience when mixes require longer mixing time. The mixer head is easy to separate from the base by a push of a button (well two, one on each side). I normally use this for whipping up quick small things and normally as the hand held version. Overall the mixer works well and is easily clean. It is in the mid price range and being primarily plastic, it is much lighter than the steel Kitchen Aide. I would recommend this for new cooks/bakers, as a second mixer or for those who have to store their mixer as it is MUCH lighter than the Kitchen Aide. I give this mixer 4/5 cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...