Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My First Pie Ever!


This is the first pie I ever made. I mad it two years ago, I just found the picture! It was an apple pie with a crumble topping. I will say this was the easiest and least homemade pie. I used store bough crust and apple pie filling ( I had some left over from campfire pies). The topping was a bag of oatmeal cookie mix, 3 tsp of melted butter, a little brown sugar and 1-2 tsp of brown sugar ( nothing fancy, just your typical crumble topping). It turned out amazing and I was so proud of the little heart I added. I will say that I have made pie since, real homemade pies, and I still have trouble with the crust. I cannot seem to get a border I like or a crust recipe that works for me. As a result, I use store bought and I still get compliments on how wonderful and flaky it is. No one has to know you bought the crust, as long as it stays flaky people only really care about the filling I have noticed. Pies are still not my favorite, to eat or make, but I can say that I am not afraid of them anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...